Thursday 12 January 2017

Every singer must have her own Mic


Melody guides announce themselves to me as they lead me from across Berea road all the way to the city.
There I find the Buddha with 8 fingers performing miracles on the piano.      

He looks at me ever so gently inquires if I should accompany him in lifting uMoya, without much hesitation I do.
Now it has come to my awareness of late that anything annointed and true, moves swiftly without further deliberation.      
He plays I sing, together we lift uMoya and summon spirits dead and alive .

We transcend and transfigure.
A Madonna appears, this time her child is the Buddha with 8 fingers.

Prophecies are spoken in simple riddles , he whispers ever so clearly to his Madonna "Every singer must have her own mic "

The Buddha bows
The Madonna flees continuing to raise uMoya
 
I on the other hand am forever changed.


Ode to the Buddha Bheki Mseleku

No comments:

Post a Comment