Thursday 15 August 2013

Dear Blog
 
I guess perhaps this medium serves as a higher-grade diary which gives me permission  to speak my thoughts.... well I think alot about my Blackness "Ubuntu bami" or perhaps Ubumnyama bami. So if I should go on and on and on and ON about this it should be OK because these are my thoughts and Dear Blog isn't that what you're about "Peoples thoughts".
 
So today I thought about my Blackness again!!! It should be a boring thought and subject matter in my head now, somehow I wish my brain could just reject it and quickly move it to the spam mail session in my gut but hey it feels like it's been saved forever and not about to be erased any time soon.
 
"OK get to the point Hlengi". Well taking a taxi from Kya Sands to Roodepoort made me realise once again that the Black mind is so "suppressed"  ucindezelekile umqondo womuntu onsundu, this just makes me wanna yell out SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
SHAME! on me for being a 31year old mother of four with a diploma and a job and yet still subjects herself to taxis well rather to the taxi mentality "I don't get this".
SHAME! on that queue Marshall who keeps pulling kissing faces every time he sees a pretty woman, I wonder if his face doesn't lock into spasms.
SHAME! on that rude taxi  driver who assumes that everyone who climbs into his Boss's taxi knows exactly where they are going and that the person sitting in front has a CCD "Counting Change Degree".
SHAME! on that old Baba who is so opinionated thinking that the taxi is his house and that he should dictate to everyone exactly where to jump off, and Finally since it is Women's month a big SHAME!!! on that woman who finds joy in putting down another sister, embarrassing her in public.
SHAME!!! SHAME!!! SHAME!!! on this mental slavery that continues to dominate our thoughts and actions. Today I felt sooooooo ASHAMED!
 
Isende indlela, ngiqalaphi ukucabangisisa okomuntu okhululekile. Konke engikwenzayo nengikucabangayo somehow has a direct relationship with my blackness. Ngisho nokucabanga ngolimi lwami kuyinkinga. But wait a minute luyini ulimi lwami, yingabe yilolu oluhalela imagnum ice cream eyenziwe eUnilever in La Lucia. Noma yilolu olungayidli inyama or wait a minute mhlawumbe yilolu oluthanda ucheese no fish wase West Africa... Kwaze kwanzima Maye ngilamuleleni!!! Singing- "Ngaphesheya Ngaphesheya ,Ngiyakphumula ngiyakujabula, Ngaphesheya Ngaphesheya Mhla ngifike zweni Ngaphesheya"
 
Highway to Heaven Paradise Road "a simple tale of Colonialism"

2 comments:

  1. Ulimi lwami is the one and the same eliphoxa abantu, elihalela impilo yabelungu. Inqondo yami ayikwazi ukucabanga outside of my blackness. Ubunyama bami nenkululeko yami angikwazi ukukhuluma ngakho ngesiZulu. Sisi these are issues we should be talking about. Ngizoba na33 kulonyaka, kuyini kimi ukuba umuntu wesifazane waseNingizimu Afrika ngo2013. Ngilandela iziphi izimfundiso, who do i meditate on....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed sisi who do we meditate on... as a child born in the 80's I find these questions you are asking quite difficult to answer. kaningi ngizizwa ngiSTUCK, trapped between what I know, feel, understand and what I see and have seen... who do we meditate on???

      Delete