Wednesday 28 August 2013

Dear Blog

Johannesburg, Jozi Maboneng, iGoli, Kwandonga ziyaduma, The promised land for many and a dungeon of shattered dreams for some.

After much thought and deliberation I opted for this city or rather this city opted for me. It lured me into its epicentre , It trapped my dreams , refocused my vision and stripped my soul naked as it had done to many just like me. It opened me up, showed me my truth my untainted truth, and led me to this very question KONJE NGANGIZOKWENZANI LAPHA? The answer changes all the time.

Egoli ngifike ngathola umsebenzi, ngathola umgogodla, ngathola indoda, ngathola abantwana ngatholwa amakhaza, umoya owomile wangiphashisa, ilanga langomisa, umsindo wangidida, izintaba zasezimayini zangikhombisa ukuthi ukuze litholakale leliGolide elikimina kuzomele ngigujwe to the depth of my soul. At times I feel exposed, opened up, drilled to my core, imicabango namaphupho ami edlwenguliwe, umgogodla wami ukhathele and my values questioned.
 
At times I choose to be moved by sorrow, pain and frustration and I neglect the beauty that is me. The beauty that is God , The Beauty that is in you sorrowful, pain stricken and frustration riddled  beautiful Johannesburg.
 
For the first time after a long time I allowed Beauty to move me
Jemmiro Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment